DateFebruary 18, 2024
Ticket Prices$89.50, $69.50, $59.50 & $39.50 plus applicable fees
We regret to inform you that the February 18 performance of Hairspray at the Ford Wyoming Center in Casper has been cancelled.
Transportation and logistical issues beyond our control are prohibiting the touring company from arriving in Casper to safely load in and mount the production. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to our patrons, and we are sharing this as soon as it was confirmed with us.
Refunds will automatically apply to your purchase method or you may call the Sinclair Box Office at 307-577-3030 with questions.
HAIRSPRAY - FEBRUARY 18, 2024
“If life were everything it should be, it would be more like HAIRSPRAY. It’s irresistible!”
– The New York Times
You Can’t Stop the Beat! HAIRSPRAY, Broadway’s Tony Award-winning musical comedy phenomenon is back on tour! Join 16-year-old Tracy Turnblad in 1960s Baltimore as she sets out to dance her way onto TV’s most popular show. Can a girl with big dreams (and even bigger hair) change the world?
Featuring the beloved score of hit songs including “Welcome to the ‘60s,” “Good Morning Baltimore” and “You Can’t Stop the Beat,” HAIRSPRAY is “fresh, winning, and deliriously tuneful!” (The New York Times).
This all-new touring production reunites Broadway’s award-winning creative team led by Director Jack O’Brien and Choreographer Jerry Mitchell to bring HAIRSPRAY to a new generation of theater audiences.
Don’t miss this “exhilaratingly funny and warm-hearted musical comedy” (The New Yorker). www.hairspraytour.com
Why is Theatre Important?
At the Ford Wyoming Center, we appreciate and love all forms of entertainment, whether it’s a concert, a sporting event, or the rodeo. Theatre holds a special place in the history of this venue and we strongly believe that this art form is still vitally important to our community. The art, process, and effects of live performance are incredibly influential in our world of social media, digital technology, and screens. Being fully present with a group of tangible, living, breathing people is essential to the human spirit.
- Theatre helps us to see a different perspective from our own. We’re shown humanity, psychology, motivations, conflict, and resolution. We as the audience get to witness the trajectory of persons other than ourselves. Theatre promotes us to give power to truth, to take risks, and to advocate for new and diverse voices.
- Theatre reminds us that we are not alone. Not only are we sharing space and an experience with the artists who are performing, we are sharing the experience with fellow audience members. Movies and television don’t have the same intimacy or sense of participation. Sharing an experience with live actors and live audience members is not only valuable, it’s necessary for human connection.
- Theatre is immediate, evolving, and always different. Although the script may be the same every night, the performance is unique, each and every time it happens. No two performances are ever the same. In this way, everyone involved has a distinct and unique experience that can never be replicated.
- Live theatre helps to promote social discourse, dialogue, and potential social change. Theatre is a cultural phenomenon that demands that society examine itself in the mirror. We can study societal problems and attempt to find solutions. Coming together as a community to listen to opposing points of view is necessary.
- Theatre promotes education and literacy. Studies have shown that students who are exposed to theatre do better in school and have more healthy social interactions with their peers.
The support of our community is vital for live professional theatre to continue at the Ford Wyoming Center. As we head into the 2024 season, it is critical that more businesses and residents show that Casper wants this kind of event in its community by sponsoring shows, buying season tickets, and spreading the word to family, friends, and associates. We love bringing the best of Broadway to you and want to do so for many years to come, and we need your help to do so!